Sunday, August 02, 2009

Family...and Matters at hand.

Have you ever wondered...Do I have a place that I can escape to? Some of you answered that question immediately, you know where that place is. For some it's the gym, others it's the woods, others it's your ipod...but for some of you, you're thinking do I have a place? I have come to realize something about myself, and my immediate family. I noticed recently after some stuff that went on that the only thing I could think of was getting home to my girls. I just needed to be with them, away from stuff. I was blessed to be greeted by Emerson as I came in the door. She was excited to see me. For a moment, it changed everything, or rather, nothing else mattered. I just didn't care about all that stuff. If I'm really honest I have over the last few months, just longed to be home with them. Stuff doesn't follow me there...know what I mean? Imagine yourself in your place, isn't it safe and "away" from all that bothers you? Don't you get a sense that you are free to be you? Maybe you don't go to your place to escape, but rather for renewal. I'm fine with that too, renewal happens for me at home too, but sometimes it's just escape.


It makes me think about how Jesus handled those stressful moments compared to how I handle them. I'm really not thinking about the cross now, cause that's just NEXT LEVEL, and really none of us face that kind of stress. I'm talking about the day-to-day stuff he faced with people always being in his face(his "job), with people always needing something (his passion), with frustrations with his closest friends the Disciples (his friends and family)...where did He go? What did he do in those moments? I'm thinking specifically about the moments following his teaching on the side of lake when he told his Disciples to go ahead of him. That's a moment I'd like to spend as a fly on the bush beside him as he talked with his Dad. What did he voice as needs/concerns then? What thoughts came across as he had those conversations with God? What questions does an Almighty, flesh-inhabiting God have when he's at his wits end? What does he say when, as my wife says, "he's met his people quota?" Does anyone else wonder this kind of stuff? Don't get me wrong I've got plenty of questions when I get there (heaven that is - although I don't think they'll matter then), but sometimes I just need some comfort to know that I'm not the only one needing some times of refreshing, "away from the crowds"... even those closest to you. Anyone tracking???

I'll end with this. . .above a lot of other spiritual things this one thing, maybe as much as the miracles, amazes me most about Jesus: He was able to keep pace with the crowds, and His vision, and still keep pace with his Father. I am convinced this is impossible without times away with your Creator. So wherever your place is, I invite you to go, right away!!! Go see what, or rather Who, is waiting for your there.

Love ya! Matt

0 comments: