Wednesday, April 01, 2009

alright then, count me in...

I'm going to begin this little experiment with the following thought...how is this going to help me, and maybe others as well?  I know people who love to write, notice I said "I know people...,"  they are not me.  I was once told by a professor that I "write like I talk."  So hold onto your hats!  That doesn't mean I'm going buck wild with this thing, but it might give me an opportunity to get things out before they get all bottled up and lost inside me.  I recently heard someone say, "my blog will be a way for my daughter to know who I am after I'm gone if I die young."  Now let me be honest, I hope that doesn't happen, and I really hope she gets to find out a lot more about me from people than from my blog, but if she doesn't hear it from other people... well, I hope I keep this up!  Anyway...let's get on with it!


Here are some topics that I'd like to discuss in the future:
1)  Technology and Church:  More or Less?  It seems we have the best means of communicating in the history of the world and somehow do it the worst! And I'm a techno dork!
     -  Speaking of dork, the other day on the golf course I yelled "DORK" after a bad shot and my beautiful 2 year old daughter looked up at me and after a few seconds said..."DORK!"  I had to turn away 'cause I was laughing so hard.  WHEW!  At least it was "Dork!"
2)  Being a Daddy and A Minister...That sounds like a challenge!
3)  Being a Husband and Minister...Did I mention challenge?  Honey, I know I thought I would be here but...Wow the Balancing Act!
4)  The inability of people to conquer sin within themselves, and yet we kill ourselves trying...ever feel like the mouse in the wheel?  One day I'll get there...One day I'll get there...One day I'll get...One day I'll...One day...Aaghhh never mind.  Seems like that's how it happens.  Why not tap the real power to conquer this stuff?
5)  "Holy Interruptions..."  How to keep 'em coming!
6)  What most distracts you?  Is it good?  
7)  Random funny stuff from the Good Book...Tell me God doesn't have sense of humor...

SEVEN sounds like enough to start...We'll see how it goes.

'til later...matt

3 comments:

Unknown 5:08 PM  

Nice! It's about time!

George Houston 11:20 AM  

welcome to the internet!

Jay 10:53 AM  

yay! i am glad you have a blog, I'll add you to my list ;)